Thursday, October 8, 2009

Taking Things for Granted

It is true for me, that I don't realize how good I have it until something is taken away. We are in the process of having new A/C units installed in the church building, so we are spending a few days without A/C. It just so happens that we are having near record high tempatures for the month of October, which means the building is HOT! I chickened out and went to a different part of the building to work, but I have been reminded how I take things like air conditioners for granted. This has caused me to stop, reflect, and be thankful for things that I commonly overlook as expected parts of my day: a car that runs, a seemingly endless water supply, a grocery store continually supplied with food, etc. So, today, it is the little things, that quickly become big things when lost, for which I am grateful. What is on your list?

4 comments:

Doug Axtell said...

Coffee-I am really thankful for coffee, too!

Anonymous said...

Doug - you should also be thankful for Panera, where the a/c works, they have somewhat decent coffee, free internet, and a work environment that's fun, friendly and freakin awesome. It's like an office that you don't have to pay for. Pack up the laptop and go to the greener grass my brotha!

Amy said...

deoderant, toothpaste, laundry detergent, washing machine/dryer, dishwasher....

Kalajian said...

Football.

I know it sounds silly but it isn't just football it is that we live in a place where we can stop and have things like football. We don't have to worry about 90,000 people in one place. We don't have to struggle so hard to survive that if we took the time to play or watch a game we would not eat the next day.

So I'm thankful for football. :)