Thursday, May 28, 2009

It Goes Too Fast

This year marks the 25th anniversary of my high school graduation. Tomorrow, my son graduates high school. How the heck did that happen? I remember, as if it were yesterday, gazing through the window at Hillcrest Baptist Hospital in Waco with a goofy grin on my face thinking, "that's my boy!" I remember Josh learning to walk by chasing after a cookie that someone was holding in front of him at church. I remember... I could go on and on. What is really amazing to me though, is the fact that I look into his eyes and I see that the little boy has become a man. Don't get me wrong, he still has a whole lot to learn about life, but he has become a man.
I have always heard how hard it was to parent teens, but I must honestly say, he made it a piece of cake: he is considerate, compasionate, generous, loving, and content. He has been a joy to parent.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do through his life. There has even been some talk of ministering to the poor in a third world country, who knows. But this I do know, Josh, God has something really cool planned for your life and I pray that you will reach your full potential in Him. Don't let anybody tell you that you can't or that your dreams are impossible. I pray that you will seek God everyday and that you will find the godly woman that God has picked for you. I also pray that your family will change whatever part of the world you will call home.

Please know that your Mom and I are here for you, we love you, and we are proud to call you son. You are awesome. Congratulations!

No comments: